1955-1959 Series-2 GMC, Chevy Pickup Truck Chassis
From Schwartz Performance Inc.
Bolt-in modern high performance full-length chassis for 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, and 1959 GMC & Chevrolet pickups:
- Chevrolet 1/2 ton short bed
- GMC 1/2 ton short bed
Our full frames for 1955-1959 Chevrolet & GMC Series 2 pickup trucks fasten to the cab & bed the same way your stock frame does. There is no floor cutting required, and the ride height is dropped from stock. The bed floor does not need modification, unless you decide to channel the body even further on the frame yourself. The Ridetech coilovers used have adjustment for damping and ride height to give your truck an edge in autocross competitions as well as the ability to have a comfortable ride. All of our chassis utilize the same suspension geometry, which means your truck will now have all modern suspension and steering components and geometry.
This Schwartz chassis allows up to a 345 wide tire to fit in your [mini-tubbed] bed sides, & we recommend up to a 275 wide front tire. Wider front tires may be used, but will affect turning radius at some point.
Our standard 13″ brake setup fits under 17″ wheels, and some 16″ wheels. For 15″ or 16″ rims we recommend our 12″ brake kit. Call for pricing.
We also offer this chassis with an under-floor master cylinder/booster. This is an ADDITIONAL CHARGE of $600 for automatic, or $750 for manual transmission.
Which options do I choose?
-Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer.
-Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
-The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
-The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
-We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
-Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
-Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
-Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
Rear end housing:
-Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Contact us for higher HP, or if you’ll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp.
-The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
-The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
-The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
-Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
(Click to enlarge)
Base price includes:
- A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
- Adjustable transmission crossmember
- All front and rear suspension components (minus coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension
Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.
Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don’t want the frame assembled, we’ll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.
Pricing below is only for reference. Please call to order.