Where Classic Style Meets Modern Technology

1967-1972 Chevy C10 GMC Chassis

Details:

A bolt-in modern high performance full-length frame & chassis system for 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, and 1972 GMC & Chevrolet C10 pickups:

  • Chevrolet C10 short-bed
  • GMC C10 short-bed
  •  

Our full frames for 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC C10 trucks fasten to the cab & bed the same way your stock frame does. There is no floor cutting required (except for some transmisions), and the ride height is dropped from stock about 4 inches. The Ridetech coilovers used have adjustment for damping and ride height to give your truck an edge in autocross competitions as well as the ability to have a comfortable ride. All of our chassis utilize the same suspension geometry, which means your truck will now have all modern suspension and steering components and geometry.
This Schwartz chassis allows up to a 345 wide tire to fit in your [mini-tubbed] wheel wells, & we recommend up to a 315 wide front tire, but a 335 front will also fit.
Our standard 13″ Wilwood brake setup fits under 17″ wheels, and some 16″ wheels. For 15″ or 16″ rims we recommend our 12″ brake kit. Call for pricing.
 

Which options do I choose?

Brakes:

-Our base Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. The front rotors are 13″ with a 6-piston caliper. The rear rotors are 12″ with a 4-piston caliper.
-Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
-The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
-The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
brake options1
 

Coilover shocks:

-We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
-Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
-Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
-Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.

coilover options1
 

Rear end housing:

-Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Full-floating axle setups are becoming the norm in the pro-touring world. For more information on full floaters, click here: Full Floating Rear End Advantages.
Contact us for higher HP, or if you’ll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp; We’ll set you up with something heavy duty.
-The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp, but has been tested without failure on higher horsepower cars.

housing options2
 

Third member/differential:

-The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
-The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
-Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.

Pictures:

(Click to enlarge)


Base price includes:

  • A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
  • Adjustable transmission crossmember
  • All front and rear suspension components (minus coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension
  • BASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BRAKES, SHOCKS, OR REAR END. CHOOSE THOSE ITEMS BELOW

 

Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.

Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don’t want the frame assembled, we’ll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.
Pricing below is only for reference. Please call to order.

Pricing- Choose your options below: