Where Classic Style Meets Modern Technology

1978–1988
G-Body, Regal, Monte Carlo Chassis

78-87_GBody_Header


Get the ultimate upgrade!

 
 

The G-Machine Chassis by Schwartz Performance.

 

  • 200% less torsional flex than stock
  • 119lbs less than stock, roller-to-roller (with identical wheels/tires)
  •  

    Available for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1988 GM G-bodies:

  • Chevrolet Monte Carlo
  • Chevrolet Malibu
  • Buick Regal
  • Oldsmobile Cutlass
  • Pontiac Grand Prix
  •  

    Installation is simple.

  • Our proprietary bolt-in design integrates original mounting points
  • The stock gas tank is moved from an offset placement, to a centered placement—a filler-neck extension is included
  • The spare-tire well is removed—replacement piece is included
  • “Body-dropping” can be done, but requires more significant fabrication
  •  

    Want wider tires?

  • All G-Machine Chassis allow for up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the wheel wells
  • The Moser full-floating 9″ is narrowed to allow for deeper dish on the rear wheels (lower offset wheels)
  •  
     

    Which options do I choose?

     
     

    Brakes:

    -Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. These require at least a 16″ diameter wheel, though some 15″ fit.
    -Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
    -The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
    -The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
     

    brake options1
     

    Coilover shocks:

    -We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
    -Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
    -Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
    -Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
     
    coilover options1
     

    Rear end housing:

    -Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Contact us for higher HP, or if you’ll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp.
    -The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
     
    housing options2
     

    Third member/differential:

    -The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
    -The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
    -Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
     
     

    Pictures:

     
    (Click to enlarge)


     

    Base price includes:

  • A fully-welded chassis, built on a precision jig
  • Adjustable transmission crossmember
  • Race-bred front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for quiet & bind-free suspension
  •  

    Shipping:

  • We ship assembled chassis using enclosed car transporters. If you order the chassis un-assembled, we’ll ship it via truck-freight in a crate. There is a crating fee, which will be determined upon ordering.
  •  
    Pricing is for reference only. For questions, call 815.206.2230

     

    Pricing:

























    Format: 999-999-9999

     
    Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.