Where Classic Style Meets Modern Technology

1970–1974
E-Body, Challenger, Cuda Chassis

70-74_CudaHbody_Header


Your Mopar’s uni-body construction is inherently weak. Our G-Machine Chassis isn’t.

 

Introducing the FIRST and ONLY bolt-in full length frame / chassis for your Mopar unibody!

The sheet-metal that your suspension components and engine are mounted to begins to flex dramatically once you add more horsepower, higher spring-rates and better brakes. With our G-Machine Chassis, your engine, rear-end, steering and suspension are isolated from the body. The G-Machine Chassis becomes the main support for your car and the uni-body structure simply becomes added support, helping to tie together the G-Machine Chassis.

 

The G-Machine Chassis is available for 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 & 1974 Mopar E-Bodies:

  • ‘Cuda
  • Challenger
  •  

    Installation is simple.

  • You are not required to cut your floor-pan
  • The only required cutting is of minor brackets, front frame-rails and front shock towers—creating a “clean” engine bay
  • The only required welding is of four mounting plates onto the original torsion bar cross-member
  • The only required drilling is of two bolt-holes in the rear frame rails
  •  

    Want wider tires?

  • All G-Machine Chassis allow fitment of up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the wheel wells
  •  
     

    Which options do I choose?

     
     

    Brakes:

    -Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. These require at least a 16″ diameter wheel, though some 15″ fit.
    -Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
    -The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
    -The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
     

    brake options1
     

    Coilover shocks:

    -We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
    -Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
    -Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
    -Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
     
    coilover options1
     

    Rear end housing:

    -Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We recommend this option up to 900hp street cars. Contact us if you are putting more power to the ground, and/or will be drag racing on slicks.
    -The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
    -We can also provide Mopar housings for those interested. Please call for information & pricing.
     
    housing options2
     

    Third member/differential:

    -The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
    -The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
    -Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
     
     

    Pictures:

     
    (Click to enlarge)


     

    Base price includes:

  • A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
  • Adjustable transmission crossmember
  • All front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension
  •  
    Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.
     
    Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don’t want the frame assembled, we’ll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.
     
    Pricing below is only for reference. Please call to order.
     

    Pricing:

























    Format: 999-999-9999

     
    Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.