Chevy Tri-Five Chassis
Your original Tri-5 chassis is inherently weak. Our G-Machine Chassis isn’t.
The old, non-braced frame that your suspension components and engine are mounted to begins to flex dramatically once you add more horsepower, higher spring-rates and better brakes; not to mention it’s nearly 60 years old. With our G-Machine Chassis, your car’s body will encounter much less flex and added ride quality, resulting in an all-around performing vehicle. Want to outhandle late-model sports cars? You’ve chosen the right chassis.
The G-Machine Chassis is available for 1955, 1956 & 1957 Chevrolet “Tri-five” cars:
- Chevy Bel Air
- Chevy 210
Get the ultimate upgrade!
The G-Machine Chassis by Schwartz Performance.
Installation is simple.
- Our bolt-in design integrates original mounting points
- The stock gas tank can be utilized
- “Body-dropping” can be done, but requires more significant fabrication
Want wider tires?
- All G-Machine Chassis allow for up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the wheel wells
- The Moser full-floating 9″ rear end is narrowed to 60″ to allow fitment for C5/C6 Corvette wheels (custom rear end widths available)
Which options do I choose?
-Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. These require at least a 16″ diameter wheel, though some 15″ fit.
-Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
-The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
-The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
-We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
-Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
-Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
-Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
Rear end housing:
-Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Contact us for higher HP, or if you’ll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp.
-The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
-The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
-The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
-Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
(Click to enlarge)
Base price includes:
- A fully-welded chassis, built on a precision jig
- Adjustable transmission crossmember
- Race-bred front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, NASCAR style sway bars, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for quiet & bind-free suspension
- We ship assembled chassis using enclosed car transporters. If you order the chassis un-assembled, we’ll ship it via truck-freight in a crate. There is a crating fee, which will be determined upon ordering.
Pricing is for reference only. For questions, call 815.206.2230