1953-1962 Corvette Chassis

SchwartzPCorvette Chassis

Back to GM Chassis

1953-1962 Corvette

Schwartz Performance is proud to offer a completely re-designed C1 Corvette G-Machine Chassis. 


Take your C1 Corvette to the next level with a bolt-in G-Machine chassis. This chassis uses our standard low-friction suspension components, splined sway bars, quick ratio rack and pinion, and a variety of different components to suit each application. This chassis is built to handle anything you can throw at it, whether that be track events or a cross-country road trip. 

Installation Details:

  • Bolts to the factory body mounts.
  • Uses OEM bumper, core support, and gas tank mounting locations. 
  • Configurable with most GM engine and transmission combinations. 
  • Compatible with a 3 inch exhaust system. 

Want wider tires?

  • All G-Machine Chassis allow fitment of up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the wheel wells.
  • The independent rear suspension system is narrowed to 53" hub-to-hub to allow a deeper dish on the rear wheels

Which options do I choose?


Our chassis comes standard with 13" Baer brake kits. The front brake system utilizes Baer 6P 6-piston calipers and 13" drilled and slotted rotors. The rear brake system uses a smaller Baer SS4 4-piston calipers and 13" drilled and slotted rotors with internal parking brakes. Need more stopping power? Step it up to a 14" front Baer brake kit. The 14" kit uses the same 6P caliper, but larger 14" diameter rotor with more surface area. An 18" minimum wheel diameter is recommended; however, some 17s may fit. 

Coilover shocks:

We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable. Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 "clicks" of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers. Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.

coilover options1

Rear end housing:

Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9" style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Contact us for higher HP, or if you'll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp. -The Schwartz IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp. 

Independent Rear Suspension:

Our multi-link independent rear suspension system has been engineered to support 1,000+ HP. The overall rear track width is 56" from flange-to-flange. This package uses a Currie center housing and heavy duty 35-spline axle shafts.

Third member/differential:

The Independent Rear Suspension System requires a 35 spline TrueTrac differential. The differentials are available with a nodular iron or aluminum case. They come standard with a 1350 yoke and are available in ratios varying between 3.0:1 - 4.56:1. 




Base price includes:

  • A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
  • Transmission crossmember
  • All front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): Spindles, control arms, low-friction ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, HD splined sway bars/arms/links, and teflon-lined spherical rod end joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension

Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.
Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don't want the frame assembled, we'll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.

Pricing below is only for reference! Please CALL to order.