NOW AVAILABLE! THE ULTIMATE UPGRADE FOR YOUR VINTAGE FORD F1 PICKUP!
Your original truck chassis is inherently weak. Our G-Machine Chassis isn’t.
The old, weak frame that your cab/bed, suspension components, and engine are mounted to begins to flex dramatically once you add more horsepower, higher spring-rates and better brakes; not to mention it’s over 60 years old. With our G-Machine Chassis, your Ford F1’s body will encounter much less flex and better ride quality, resulting in an all-around performing vehicle. Sure, you can box the original chassis and add new components; but would you build a HOUSE without a solid foundation?
Want your truck to handle like a newer sports car? You’ve chosen the right chassis.
The G-Machine Chassis is available for 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951 & 1952 Ford F1 pickup trucks.
Looking for a chassis for a pre-1948 or post-1952 Ford truck? We build custom frames for any make & model, contact us for details
Installation is simple.
- Our bolt-in design integrates all of the original core support, cab, and bed mounting points
- The floorpan does not need to be cut out, although some transmissions will require tunnel modification
- Our design offers much more strength over the stock frame, with plenty of room for exhaust
- We’ve designed this chassis to accept big block & small block Ford engines, as well as DOHC mod motors like the 4.6L and 5.0L Coyote (rear sump oil pan required on all engines). We can cater to virtually any engine/trans combo!
Want wider tires?
- All G-Machine Chassis allow for up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the bed sides.
- The Moser full-floating 9″ rear end is narrowed to 60″ to allow fitment for deeper dish wheels (different rear end widths available, too!)
Which options do I choose?
-Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. These require at least a 16″ diameter wheel, though some 15″ fit.
-Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
-The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
-The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
-We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
-Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
-Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
-Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
Rear end housing:
-Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We have tested this rear end up to 1000hp street cars with no issues. Contact us for higher HP, or if you’ll be drag racing it often on slicks with over 800hp.
-The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
-The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
-The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
-Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
(Click to enlarge)[slickr-flickr tag= “FordF1chassis”]
Base price includes:
- A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
- Adjustable transmission crossmember
- All front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension
- BASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BRAKES, SHOCKS, OR REAR END. CHOOSE THOSE ITEMS BELOW
Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.
Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don’t want the frame assembled, we’ll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.
Pricing below is only for reference. Please call to order.