1970–1974 E-Body, Challenger, Cuda Chassis
Your Mopar’s uni-body construction is inherently weak. Our G-Machine Chassis isn’t.
Thinking about running a 1000hp Hellephant engine? Your stock unibody isn’t going to hold up to that 1000hp monster. Our chassis will, though!
Introducing the FIRST and ONLY bolt-in full length frame / chassis for your Mopar unibody!
The sheet-metal that your suspension components and engine are mounted to begins to flex dramatically once you add more horsepower, higher spring-rates and better brakes. With our G-Machine Chassis, your engine, rear-end, steering and suspension are isolated from the body. The G-Machine Chassis becomes the main support for your car and the uni-body structure simply becomes added support, helping to tie together the G-Machine Chassis.
The G-Machine Chassis is available for 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 & 1974 Mopar E-Bodies:
Installation is simple.
- Our chassis requires a notch to be made in the REAR seat foot well area for our chassis rail to pass through. The chassis will impede into the interior only about an inch. If you do not want to cut the floor at all, we can notch our rail at no charge, but this will need to be specified. The reason we require this is due to strength.
- The additional required cutting is of minor brackets, front frame-rails and front shock towers—creating a “clean” engine bay
- The only required welding is of eight mounting plates onto the original torsion bar cross-member, as well as the toe board
- Depending on the transmission choice, your tunnel may need to be modified
Want wider tires?
- All G-Machine Chassis allow fitment of up to 345mm-wide rear tires if you minitub the wheel wells
Which options do I choose?
-Our 13″ Wilwood kit is great for daily drivers and the occasional autocrosser or road racer. These require at least a 16″ diameter wheel, though some 15″ fit.
-Step up to the 14-inch Baer 6P Pro-Plus and get a brake system that will suit whatever you want to do. We race our 1965 Tempest often with this brake setup.
-The baddest kit is the Baer 6S, which is a one-piece forged caliper. This brake kit suits the hardcore roadracer, but does not sacrifice street driving.
-The 14″ brakes require a 18″ diameter wheel, however. Additionally, the Baer calipers are available in many colors, while Wilwoods are available only in black.
-We use RideTech coilovers as standard on our chassis systems. The two options we offer are single-adjustable and triple-adjustable.
-Single adjustable coilovers offer 24 “clicks” of adjustment for damping, as well as ride height adjustment. These will suit the weekend autocrosser/roadracer, as well as daily drivers.
-Triple adjustable coilovers offer the same damping adjustment as the singles with the addition of high and low speed compression adjustments, and a remote reservoir. These allow you to fine-tune your suspension for a specific type of driving. These are recommended for those who are willing & able to spend time tuning the shocks, and/or for the roadracer where every thousandth of a second counts.
-Air ride is also available, please call for pricing & info.
Rear end housing:
-Our standard axle is a Moser full-floating 9″ style housing, with 31-spline axles. We recommend this option up to 900hp street cars. Contact us if you are putting more power to the ground, and/or will be drag racing on slicks.
-The Heidts IRS option is for those craving an IRS in their musclecar. This is recommended for up to 700hp.
-We can also provide Mopar housings for those interested. Please call for information & pricing.
-The Ford 9″ comes with a clutch-type posi. Our first option is just that, with a cast-iron center section. If you have less than 500hp and won’t be racing the car often, this is just fine for you.
-The Detroit TrueTrac differential is a helical-gear type posi, which holds up to more power than the clutch posi, lasts longer (no wearable parts), and is quiet enough for street cars.
-Moser offers a new nodular iron case which is recommended for 600+ hp and racing. Their aluminum case also holds up to higher horsepower, and is much lighter than iron cases.
(Click to enlarge)
[slickr-flickr tag= “mopar chassis”]
Base price includes:
- A fully welded chassis, built on a precision jig
- Adjustable transmission crossmember
- All front and rear suspension components (excluding coilovers): control arms, ball joints, tie rods, power rack & pinion, aluminum front wheel hubs with bearings, and teflon-lined heim joints for a quieter & bind-free suspension
- BASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BRAKES, SHOCKS, OR REAR END. CHOOSE THOSE ITEMS BELOW
Payment terms: 75% down at time of order, remaining 25% due before shipment.
Shipping: For an assembled frame, we use an enclosed car transporter. If you don’t want the frame assembled, we’ll ship it truck freight in a crate. There is a crating fee which will be determined upon ordering.
Pricing below is only for reference. Please call to order.